- SME Africa Online Solutions (Pty) Ltd is the Promoter of a Competition, which is being sponsored by Sasfin.
- Businesses which enter the Competition may win the right to advertise their business on a billboard for a minimum period of 60 days and/or they may win a prize which is to be awarded weekly.
Definitions in this Agreement
- “Billboard Prize” means the prize to be awarded to the business which wins the Competition, being the right to advertise on a billboard for a minimum period of 60 days;
- “Competition” means the competition to win the Billboard Prize and weekly prizes as described in further detail in these Terms and Conditions;
- “Participant” or “You” means a business which is qualified in terms of these Terms and Conditions to register on the unseenheroes.co.za website;
- “Promoter” / “We” / “Us” means the company conducting the Competition, being SME Africa Online Solutions (Pty) Ltd, a company duly registered and incorporated with limited liability according to the company laws of the Republic of South Africa, having registration number 2018/513632/07;
- “Sasfin” means Sasfin Bank Limited, a company duly registered and incorporated with limited liability according to the company laws of the Republic of South Africa, having registration number 1951/002280/06;
- “Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions which govern the Competition;
- “Weekly Prize” means the prize to be awarded weekly to Participants who have registered their business and stand a chance to win a cash prize of R5000.
The Competition begins at 00h00 on 23 October 2019 and closes at 16h00 on 3 December 2019.
How to enter
- In order to participate in the Competition, Participants must register their business on the competition website www.unseenheros.co.za.
- Once a Participant registers its business on www.unseenheroes.co.za, the Participant will be entered in the Competition to win the Billboard Prize.
- A Participant which is a business may register its business once only on www.unseenheroes.co.za.
- In order to qualify to win a Weekly Prize, Participants must respond to a particular challenge as communicated by the Promoter via email and social media. Winners will either be selected randomly or by a panel based on the Participant’s level of effort, creativity and originality.
Qualification for the Competition
- Anyone who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of or consultant to the Promoter, or Sasfin, or any other person who indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or Sasfin, may not enter the Competition. In addition, any person who is a spouse, life partner or close family member of a director, member, partner, employee or agent of or consultant to the Promoter or Sasfin may not enter the Competition.
- The Billboard Prize will only be awarded to South African registered businesses.
- Only businesses with an annual turnover of less than R100m are qualified to enter the Competition to win the Billboard Prize.
- By entering this Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
No liability for Facebook or Twitter
Participants acknowledge that this Competition does not carry the endorsement of any social media websites or applications.
- The winner will be determined by the number of votes submitted for their business on www.unseenheroes.co.za. The business with the most votes will be the winner of the Billboard Prize.
- The billboard which is the subject of the Billboard Prize is situated at the Sasfin Head Office, 29 Scott Street, Waverley, Johannesburg.
- Sasfin will begin the design of the billboard within 2 (two) months after the announcement of the winner.
- Sasfin will pay for all costs related to the design, printing and installation of the billboard.
- Sasfin will facilitate the design of the billboard and manage the production and flighting of the advertisement. The winner will need to provide Sasfin with details regarding the business’ brand, corporate identity, logo and whatever else is reasonably required by Sasfin for purposes of the design of the advertisement. The winner will be available to discuss and review the design and production of the advertisement as reasonably required by Sasfin.
- The winner acknowledges that Sasfin and the Promoter rely on the services of third parties for the design and production of the advertisement and the timing thereof is subject to the availability of such third parties.
- The billboard will be designed by Sasfin and be subject to the winner’s approval. Sasfin will present up to three options of the design to the winner. If the design is not approved within 10 days of the presentation of the third design, the prize will be transferred to the second runner up.
- Neither the Promoter nor Sasfin will be responsible for any loss or damage caused by the winner of the Billboard Prize not being able to use the prize at a time that is convenient for the winner.
- The winner of the Billboard Prize will need to abide by any additional terms and conditions required by Sasfin in relation to the use of the billboard.
- The advertisement on the billboard must comply with the code of advertising practice.
Prize winner selection and publicity
- The winner of the Billboard Prize will be determined by the business which obtains the most votes on the unseenheroes.co.za website. Only votes from valid email addresses qualify. Entries are limited to one vote per person and a maximum of 10 votes per IP address. The Promotor has the right to remove any votes made in any fraudulent way (resulting in, for example, an inordinate amount of votes within a short time period from the same IP address; votes from an email address that is not genuine).
- The Promoter has the right to audit the email address which a Participant uses to enter the Competition.
- The Promotor has the right to remove any votes made in any way which the Promoter reasonably suspects is fraudulent (resulting in, for example, an inordinate amount of votes within a short time period from the same IP address; votes from an email address that is not genuine).
- The winner of the Billboard Prize will be announced on 3 December 2019 at an sme.africa event at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg. Thereafter, the winner will be contacted via email. A winner which has not given the Promoter its correct contact details will forfeit the Billboard Prize. The Promoter will reasonably attempt to contact the winner three times in a 72 hour period. If the Promoter does not receive a response, the Promoter will draw another winner.
- The Promoter/Sasfin may ask winners to take part in publicity connected to the Competition. Winners hereby give their consent to use their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material in relation to the Competition.
- Participants will not receive any payment for taking part in the Competition or for taking part in any media format related to it.
- The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are NOT redeemable for cash. The Promoter/Sasfin may substitute any prize with another prize of similar value in their absolute discretion.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- A Participant may not use a phone which is not registered in its name to enter the Competition. If a Participant enters the Competition on a phone that is not registered to it, it will be disqualified, and the entrant will be requested to refund the value of the prize.
- The Promoter is not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Neither the Promoter nor Sasfin will be held liable for any loss, risk or damage whatsoever that a Participant may suffer as a result of participation in the Competition. The Participants hereby indemnify the Promoter and Sasfin in relation to a claim by a third party as a result of participation in the Competition.
- Neither the Promoter nor Sasfin will be held liable to the winner for any loss, risk or damage whatsoever that a Participant may suffer as a result of acceptance of or use of a prize. The winner hereby indemnifies the Promoter and Sasfin against any claim by a third party arising from acceptance of or use of a prize.
- These Terms and Conditions may be amended by the Promoter in a written revision to these Terms and Conditions posted on the competition website.
- Income or other taxes levied relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- This Competition, and the Terms and Conditions, are governed by South African law.
- Participants consent to the Promoter and Sasfin processing Personal Information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 for purposes of this Competition and for marketing related purposes. Participants hereby consent to the Promoter and/or Sasfin giving the Participants’ personal information to other companies within their group of companies for marketing purposes.
- The Promoter has the right to terminate the Competition in the event that any element of the Competition is deemed unlawfully. In this event, a Participant shall not have any claim against the Promoter and/or Sasfin.